Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-09-2007, 12:13 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road
Default frustrated rant: Britney gets the headlines

So, I'm greeted on Yahoo with a headline linking to a withering review of BritBrit's new video, a breathless story about a suicide watch, and a chastisement of a radio station for running a Britney death pool. And OK, I'm rubbernecking a little like everyone else, when I think to myself, "why isn't 'le grand retour' of an apparently normal, well-adjusted, reasonably scandal-free pop star (at worst, a little trumped-up potential cooling in the relationship with her ex-mentor) with a new hit single getting the headlines, huh? What does that say about us as media consumers? Grrr..."

Sorry, just had to vent a little.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Britney is one screwed up individual and people love that in the news. They like to hear how she is messing up her life more and more. The good people never make the news or national headlines only the screwed up stuff!! Britney will be in the news as a top headline for years to come so I guess we must just get used to it. Screwed up people and trouble will make headlines while sweet innocent ones will not!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

It says that the relatively normal pop star is French and her music isn't being marketed outside France yet.

I truly wish it were otherwise. BTW Britney is a jackass, but just the same I hope she doesn't kill herself.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-09-2007, 12:43 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
It says that the relatively normal pop star is French and her music isn't being marketed outside France yet.

I truly wish it were otherwise. BTW Britney is a jackass, but just the same I hope she doesn't kill herself.
OK, true, but....even in France! Look at voici.fr, it's Britney at the top of the page. chartsinfrance.fr hasn't had anything since the official MJ announcement, nor nrj.fr...

Well, I guess part of the problem is that there isn't anything to say (salacious or not), right? No scandal, no headline-grabber...just the release of a new single and a radio appearance, and hopefully a climb up the charts. No public appearances, no working the talk show circuit, etc....
Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
OK, true, but....even in France! Look at voici.fr, it's Britney at the top of the page. chartsinfrance.fr hasn't had anything since the official MJ announcement, nor nrj.fr...

Well, I guess part of the problem is that there isn't anything to say (salacious or not), right? No scandal, no headline-grabber...just the release of a new single and a radio appearance, and hopefully a climb up the charts. No public appearances, no working the talk show circuit, etc....
Exactly.

Alizée has previously said that she doesn't want to be "that" popular (to the point where the photographers are hounding her). She likes having a private life.

We all want her to be successful, but I can't blame her for sacrificing some of the potential (any coverage is good coverage) fame in order to keep her balance (and sanity).
Old 10-09-2007, 12:55 AM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

For one, people are obsessed with pathology these days. If someone is not really messed up they're considered boring, or even worse, fake. And if someone is Mr. genuine or Ms. likable, it's assumed the other shoe hasn't dropped: they aren't 'flawed' until they've been arrested or through rehab, by which time they're not just 'flawed', they're 'flawed, disturbed, and miserable'.

Hylas1896
Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 AM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

got to admit its a good song by britney tho
Old 10-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Wash warm, tumble dry.

ed2010 is on a distinguished road

I think that Alizée has got class. Something we see very little of in the US of A these days.

( Don't get me wrong, there are still some stars out there with class,
Alizée just seems to have more of it. )

Just my 2 cents
Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I don't think Britiney is worth the bandwidth that this thread takes up. Alizée is in an entirely different league, they are incomparable. Alizée is a goddess while Britney is a demon. (I know no one was attempting to make the comparison, but I don't think one should ever be made).

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:43 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven0022 View Post
Screwed up people and trouble will make headlines while sweet innocent ones will not!!!
QFT.

Also, now that Alizée is back in the spotlight and if she runs up the charts and gets back in the news, they'll find something. Something she says, something she does, something....whatever. Unfortunately that is a price one pays for fame. The greater the fame, the bigger the spotlight. Put any person's life under a microscope and sooner or later there will be a "gotcha". The key for Alizée (and for all us true fans) is to be prepared for it, accept it as part of the life, stay focused, and move along.