Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default Good Idea to get Alizee to come to the US

Like our Mexican friends have been saying to us, we have a lot to learn from them, and boy are they right! Like them we have to make Alizee known and have the media aware of her. Perfect this has been said so many times here on these forums and its right. But how to do this hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? We are going to have to do some work, and here are your jobs, you ready. I want everyone to call your local radio stations asking to play your favorite Lilly song. Keep doing this till you actually here them play her song. Don't except defeat if they dont do it on the first try. Keep fighting till they do. "Victory comes in numbers" my friends. Lets do this.
USA!!!!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

I'm in.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I sent Z-100 a email, maybe if you guys send some also maybe they'll play some Alizee
http://z100.com/pages/info/contact.html
remember victory comes in numbers, im weak all by myself, i need you guys to help

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-14-2008, 01:11 AM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

Hmm... unfortunately these days in the US the fastest way to get attention is to cause a scandal.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:23 AM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas1896 View Post
Hmm... unfortunately these days in the US the fastest way to get attention is to cause a scandal.
Don't be so skeptical

there are some good clean stories out there

Alizee has so much going for her that the odds are in her favor

something that can't be said for most female U.S. artists
Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 AM

NeverMore is on a distinguished road

I just filled out a form for the local pop station KIIS FM, so lets hope they play her stuff, and by the way, i put Fifty/Sixty for the song just because it's her latest single out. So cross you fingers she gets some air time
Old 03-14-2008, 08:28 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
Don't be so skeptical

Hmm... I'll stick with what I said about the 'fastest' way. But a mysterious cameo in a movie would certainly get people asking: "Who is that!?". Or Letterman. Foreign stars sometimes appear there. But there has to be some sort of reason, some connection.

Hylas1896
Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
Don't be so skeptical

Well, scandal may be the fastest way to get attention, but that doesn't really help us. Alizée has been around a long time and we don't need the fastest way nor do we need any scandal associated with Alizée. We just need an effective way that builds momentum until it becomes a wave that crests above the level that makes her come visit.

I wish I could go to France to see her more, but that just may not be practical for me ever. Though it did not happen that she ever came to the US for any performances, I agree that maybe in the future we'll still wish that she would come and therefore should keep the idea alive. I'm not sure exactly what happened with the Mexicans but I feel like people saw her, liked her, and clamored to get all the support they could. They didn't over think it or hold back, they just shouted I love Alizée. We need to get over this idea that there is any kind of a reason to hold back on supporting Alizée. Forget the idea that people here in the US might not like her because of the the language or whatever. Screw that. There's a lot of music that I don't like or think is down right crappy here in the US. I'm not apologizing for not liking any of that music and there's no reason to feel strange about liking Alizée. That's the attitude that's needed. She's a beautiful appealing singer with a great voice and music we want to hear. What else is there to know - maybe something about her personality that makes you like her even more? Certainly now with her age and her new album there's enough material of enough variety that no one should feel embarrassed or something about supporting her , like I've read people in the past did because of the type of music or her age. If you can submit any new or unknown musical artist to a radio station or anywhere else, there's no reason it shouldn't be Alizée. The language thing just makes her exotic and interesting. How about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Mix... View Post
I totally love your guy's idea, my Mexican Adm. friends in mexico, told me that when they were all getting started with all of alizee promotion in mexico...
Thanks a lot for sharing that with us. I just read your post and saved it to my desktop. That's the kind of thing we need if we want her to come here.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-16-2008 at 08:12 PM..
Old 03-14-2008, 01:18 AM

lethalsilicong5 is on a distinguished road

i believe in this idea lets raid z-100!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:02 AM
El Pikito...

AC Mix... is on a distinguished road

I totally love your guy's idea, my Mexican Adm. friends in mexico, told me that when they were all getting started with all of alizee promotion in mexico, the people who knew DJ's asked them if they could play some of her mixes at some clubs, and that is how they got started.. in clubs playing alizee mixes, and then they went to the radio but played at first the english songs, "Im Fed Up" and "Im not twenty", so if you are thinking of contacting your radio station ask for an english alizee song, at least its in english so they cant say, "NO its french we dont play french music"... also another way of promoting her in the US, is if anyone knows any personnel who happens to work at a radio station, club, TV studios, news papers, (you get the point), give them some Alizee, merchandise, CD's, DVD's posters anything you can think of so they start to know her, even try to make them fans, (ITS NOT THAT HARD TO BECOME AN ALIZEE FAN, as you all well know, it only takes a video or a song) so if they do become fans, they will try to promote her as well in their jobs... all you need is for her to be listened a few times in a single station, then all the other stations will catch on and play her music too, thats how the Mexican Fans Did it. worked for them... could work for US too...
Alberto....

By ac_mix at 2009-03-09