Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road
Default threatened with an intervention?

ok so has anyone else been threatened by their friends with an intervention?
i was talking to my friends about how great Alizee is, and how I bought a bunch of her albums, was part of this forum and so on, and my friends roll their eyes whenever i bring up her name, tell me to shut up, and have even talked about interventions.

anyone else in the same boat?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
ok so has anyone else been threatened by their friends with an intervention?
i was talking to my friends about how great Alizee is, and how I bought a bunch of her albums, was part of this forum and so on, and my friends roll their eyes whenever i bring up her name, tell me to shut up, and have even talked about interventions.

anyone else in the same boat?
No, surprisingly, during my previous years where indeed I was very much in that "state", my friends cared not. They were pretty tolerant of the fact I liked her and her music, even though I still listened heavily from my home genre. They cared not, they didn't tease me, even though if you look at their appearances you would think they are either killers, rapists, criminals, or some form of strange occultist.

To tell you the truth us metalheads are probably the nicest bunch of folk you could meet (unless someone threatens our form of music). In fact, a lot of the close friends I had happened to have their own personally softer side, one of my older metalhead friends really dug J-pop and K-pop a lot, so much he got me into it. Another of my friends loved traditional Indian music, another of my friends had a very fond attachment to this stuffed animal. Be aware all of these people i'm mentioning right now are heterosexual males, most of which have facial hair brimmed and ready and hair no shorter than neck length.

If you do expose your friends to too much of your "state" then yes, they will get annoyed. Think of it as... if you had to go everywhere with somebody and they just WANTED so badly, to listen to the Jonas Brothers.
Respect your friends wishes, unless they listen to the horrible frayed ends of mainstream, then you must do everything in your power to turn them on to other things, and that may not only be Alizée.