Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we included the English versions in the voting?
Oui! 4 28.57%
Non! 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2009, 06:53 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default MCE Thunderdome! LIVE AAm chat party - Sun. July 12, 1pm PST/4pm EST!

! MCE Thunderdome !
You loved Gourmandises and now Alizée is going to rock your world once again! For those who had a coup de foudre when they heard Alizée sing J'en Ai Marre or J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, you will want to get juiced up again for Mes Courants Électriques.

We are going to vote on all the songs from this album including the four English versions. Hey, some people like those better. It's only fair.

The idea is to see which songs people like best and also hear why and what people think of each song. So listen to the songs in the mean time and write down your ranking. That's pretty much all you have to do to prepare unless you have particular comments you'd like to make about any of the songs. Let us know if you have difficulties getting Ventrilo to work.
Ruroshen will provide more details about how exactly the voting will commence.
How to connect:
1. Download and install Ventrilo client software. (also see: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4314)
2. create a name
3. create a server entry with
Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798
4. click connect
Voilà Super simple. Oh yeah, but don't forget the microphone or it will be kind of hard to hear you. You can probably connect any time to test it out. Hit the left Ctrl key to talk. You should hear a little sound when you do that.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Merci Fanny
Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 PM

Klokkeblomst is on a distinguished road

I live in Denmark and the time for the discussions here are about 10:00 pm to 00:30 am in the morning.
(But it doesn't matter 'cause by June 28’th it’s summer holidays for the Danish schools)

Last edited by Klokkeblomst; 06-16-2009 at 11:30 AM..
Old 06-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

OK, so I just now finished the Excel workbook for this one, and it is INSANE. It's gonna make Gourmandises Thunderdome look like a walk in the park!
  • • 15 songs (11 from the album, 4 English alternates)
  • • Each song faces off against every other song over the course of 15 rounds
  • • 7 face offs per round (Each song sits out one round)
  • • The panel votes to decide the winner of each face off, ties go to the chatroom
  • • Songs earn 3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss
  • • The song with the most points at the end of this nonsense is declared the undisputed KING OF THE RING!!
A thought: Gourmandises Thunderdome ran over four hours, and that was only 11 rounds with 4 face offs per round! So we may want to start early with this one...

On the bright side, I've rigged the spreadsheet to automatically rank the songs this time, to make it easier to give updates and follow along between rounds. I've also got an idea for how to make tabulating the votes in Vent easier, too (and make it more transparent, so that you're not all relying on Ruro-math, which is questionable at the best of times).

EDIT: Ooo, also...head's up, this is probably going to be delayed until July, as it looks like the Metalizée episode is gonna go next. I'll know for sure just as soon as everybody answers the question I posted over here!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 06-18-2009 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: What did you DO, Ray?!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

I have to hike that weekend but I should be there but may be a little late.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I care about this one, the MCE Thunderdome and would like to get at least 5 people together for it. So, I really hope we don't throw that off by waiting until the last few days to even decide if we're going to do it. We should make a thread for this at AF and LT as well, but we need to decide to do it or not; so yeah, please speak up if you care people!

Merci Fanny
Old 06-19-2009, 01:53 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, I care about this one, the MCE Thunderdome and would like to get at least 5 people together for it. So, I really hope we don't throw that off by waiting until the last few days to even decide if we're going to do it. We should make a thread for this at AF and LT as well, but we need to decide to do it or not; so yeah, please speak up if you care people!
I'm all for the next Thunderdome. The last one for Gourmandises was the most fun I had doing a podcast, so why shouldn't this one be a good time? I say, the sooner the better.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I support anything you guys do, the 28th might be the only time I have a grasp of Ben (or vice versa), so I really, think it's best, you hand that date over to us demons.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I support anything you guys do, the 28th might be the only time I have a grasp of Ben (or vice versa), so I really, think it's best, you hand that date over to us demons.
Not a bad idea if it works for you, If we do give it to the metalheads or demons as Barrett likes to say then it could give us more time to plan for MCE Thunderdome and maybe try to get members from the other forums involved, maybe a different day so I can participate Gourmandises Thunderdome was so fun I would hate to miss out on the MCE one. Also I can't believe that Gourmandises was a 4 hour podcast , with more people on mic's and a lot longer set list MCE could be scary.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

OK, here's a look at how the rounds and voting brackets are currently structured, including the 4 bonus English tracks:

Including the English tracks not only exponentially increases the number of matchups we need to vote on, but as Ben suggested in the chat today, also has the potential to "split votes" between the French and English version of the same song, and therefore not return a "true" result. (i.e. A song like ACC might be artificially ranked much lower than it would otherwise, because it's not only competing against the powerhouse that is JEAM, but also I'm Fed Up as well. Likewise, JEAM itself might also rank lower than it should, simply because some may rank I'm Fed Up higher.)

There seems to be a strong feeling that the English songs should be allowed to compete though--if only because some people genuinely prefer the English versions--so I'll let you guys fight it out, and bow to the wisdom of the majority.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 06-29-2009 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: Tense/verb agreement was never my strong suit.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah, just my two cents. While the English tracks definitely deserve a place in the discussion, I think including them in the math could mess things up. It's like giving those tunes an extra turn at bat. I know there are significant differences, and we all have options about which are better, but perhaps think of the songs as a whole and consider both versions when voting for each? Which is then something that could be elaborated on in the comments. That way we're not completely excluding them from the competition.