Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road
Default Just heard French song at the mall...

I was in the mall (in Dubuque, Iowa) yesterday because I was forced to pick out clothes for school. While in one of the stores I heard a song in French being played on the radio. I found out today it was called "Ça Plane Pour Moi" by Plastic Bertrand. I'm nearly positive it was indeed the radio and not from some other source (not sure if stores would bother with anything else). Has anyone else ever heard this song, or can anyone explain how it managed to get played? Just thought it was kind of neat, too bad I have no idea what station it was or how to find out what station it was. If I find out then I must contact them to see if they could play some Alizée, this could be nice.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

These seem to be all the stations in the area, really not sure which one it could be though. I don't think most have a playlist of previously played songs unfortunately.

http://www.ontheradio.net/metro/Dubuque_IA.aspx

I also did a search here...

http://www.yes.com/#Plastic_Bertrand

but nothing turned up, so...?

It could have been played by one of the stores in the mall, but if you're sure then it probably was by a radio station.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I checked Wiki out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Bertrand

Seems that song was an international hit in 1977. I'm not familiar with him or the song. Seems like an odd thing to hear on the radio in Iowa...
Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I checked Wiki out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Bertrand

Seems that song was an international hit in 1977. I'm not familiar with him or the song. Seems like an odd thing to hear on the radio in Iowa...
It sounded like a new version of it, not sure at this point but if you search the song on Youtube you'll find it. It sounded fairly modern.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

some stores will use an internet radio station which I am guessing is quite likely in this case

my buddy uses a couple different channels in his store and it is quite nice, no commercials and usually a pretty decent mix

Old 08-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
some stores will use an internet radio station which I am guessing is quite likely in this case

my buddy uses a couple different channels in his store and it is quite nice, no commercials and usually a pretty decent mix
Yeah, that's what I was assuming. The no-commercials aspect would almost certainly be the reason too. But still, either way, it's interesting that a French song was played at all.