Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default Criticism

Why does the media criticize Alizee so much ? Or any singer/artist for that matter, that they dont like certain music styles. Cant singers/artists change their style every so often. A great singer would want to showcase her/his voice as much as possable to capture different audiences. Alizee can sing Rock, Comtemporary, Rap, Electrica, Country.

My other other favorit French gal, Priscilla Prissou gets criticized for being to much Disney, when she more or less Rock/Pop.

Allizee & Priscilla might just be the top performing pop singers right in France. And they fairly young yet (Alizee 27, Priscilla 22).

THE MEDIA needs to just chill.

MZ
Old 10-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Don't listen to critics.... why do you care about them anyway? ...

When it comes to music I just like what I like and I don't care what other people think... I have no outside influences other than what I like and I only pay attention to the things I want to hear when it comes to critics.

Personally, I don't think Priscilla Prissou is bad at all and she will become more popular in time, she just needs a couple more years. She's still at the Young singer age where adults don't take her seriously yet and so the majority of her fan base comes from kids... it is hard for adults to accept songs about love and other life experiences from someome so young....

Old 10-22-2011, 11:11 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I agree on the media critics. I got this thread/post idea from the World Series matchup and thought about how they criticize Lilly and Prissie so much.

FOX SPORTS and ESPN are mad cause there is no BIG MARKET team in the WS. i say, who cares. would we have "MLB" without small markets?

same for MUSIC, would we have such a broad range of music with out the popular or un-popular singers? just like everything else in this world. we have let our MEDIA become the leading voice of reason. now its up to us to tell them to take a hike.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Yep.... loyal fans will always stick to what they like anyway.... it's the fairweather fans that jump on the media band wagon for the most part.

The Red Sox have some of the biggest fans even though it took more than 80 years for their team to win the world series... and look at them now, they still don't care what the media thinks and they have never changed from their liking ... To the fans the Red Sox were always the best and they didn't have to beat the Yankess to prove it, even though they did... and in a record-breaking way might I add.

Same thing in football... the Detroit Lions have been the worst team for years but their fans are still their fans... now the Lions have one of the best records in the NFL... but to the fans the Lions were always the best!!!!

I, myself, happen to be an Angels fan in basebal, and a Cowboys fan in football... and I have always been a kings fan in hockey .... I also tend to follow individual players that I like and become a fan off when it comes to basketball and football because I follow them since their college years.... so in a sense, I have favorite players more than I have favorite teams... but as far as teams go, my favorite teams never change... even when they are not winning or when the media is criticising them.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:11 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately she hasn't been criticized much in the media in last few years.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Unfortunately she hasn't been criticized much in the media in last few years.
You mean fortunately?

Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Yep.... loyal fans will always stick to what they like anyway.... it's the fairweather fans that jump on the media band wagon for the most part.

The Red Sox have some of the biggest fans even though it took more than 80 years for their team to win the world series... and look at them now, they still don't care what the media thinks and they have never changed from their liking ... To the fans the Red Sox were always the best and they didn't have to beat the Yankess to prove it, even though they did... and in a record-breaking way might I add.
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3T_OiHOt3Vk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:
I have favorite players more than I have favorite teams... but as far as teams go, my favorite teams never change... even when they are not winning or when the media is criticising them.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IWTMuY8Ix1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about them Giants fans!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You mean fortunately?
No he means that any press is good press.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:47 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You mean fortunately?
Nope. It's unfortunate that she hasn't got much attention from media. Her previous album was so low-profile. She didn't get any TV show to perform any of her songs. Forget performances, she was invited twice at NRJ studio for interviews and yet NRJ radio never played the song.

Same thing happened with Mademoiselle Juliette. Though the situation of Psychedelices much better than that of UEdS. She did get chance to perform the song in many shows.

How would people know about the album/song, if they never hear it on radio, tv etc? This was a big issue with UEdS and one of major factor in it's failure.

A critic would analyze something only when he/she thinks that the product deserves analysis.

I can recall only 2 tv shows when her album was criticized/analyzed separately (those shows where Alizée was not present or the show was not related or some of her event). One was Le Flop de L'année and other - I don't remember the name.

It means that people hardly got chance to know about her and probably they found about her album only when they saw CDs in stores. Who knows? UEdS sold only 20,000 copies and if Alizée still was in media limelight after the release of the album, then it would have sold more even if album had received bad ratings.

Too much criticism harms when you are already popular and then in that case bad ratings affect the mind of buyers.

I won't be surprised if some tv report once again shows people shocked after hearing the name Alizée.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 10-23-2011 at 03:51 AM..
Old 10-23-2011, 03:56 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I don't understand this idea of "critics are bad". Without criticism, you can never improve at whatever it is that you take pride in.

Besides, Alizee gets waaaaaay more criticism here than by media critics.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée