lapinschous is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Alizée-Forum & AlizeeAmerica

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...887#post877887

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 02-22-2013 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: bad title choice
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

AF has been around longer than AAm. AAm was originally set up mostly to provide good quality videos of Alizée performances. It became an active forum in its own right and has since moved away from its original purpose.

Both forums at various times have had their slow periods, and both forums have had periods of conflict. No forum is perfect and each forum has its own culture and style. I think there is definitely a place for both forums in the world of Alizée, and its just a matter of determining which one suits your needs or appeals to your personal style. Having said that, there are members who belong to, and participate in both forums.

I hope we continue to have both forums, as it signifies to me that the Alizée fan base is alive and well, plus it doesn't hurt to have some redundancy in case one site were to go down for any length of time.

And let's not forget Alizée-France, the French site. They have a nice site and it's probably the site to which Alizée pays the most attention, (assuming she even pays attention to the fan sites at all ).

So in the end, I'm glad we have multiple sites with varying approaches for serving the Alizée fan community, and I'd hate to lose any of them.

Last edited by lefty12357; 02-22-2013 at 04:11 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

There are also two different styles or should I say feel between them. The two boards are not even close to the same or mirror each other. There are a lot of members that jump between them but the heavily active members on each board generally differ in their approach to the subject of Alizée. Best way to put it is we are more of a family on Alizée America where over on Alizée Forum they are a little more stiff and serious. Nothing wrong with that just it's different atmosphere between the boards.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

In my opinion AF is not a forum anymore. It is a board where members post the latest news or their video tributes. And I think they are very very good at that, the latest news often are posted first there and I visit AF almost every day to sneak a little bit.

But there is not a lot of interaction between members and that makes the place quite boring.
So I agree, it is great to have both places. But I prefer the company of the "crazy" people that writes over here

Last edited by SpanishFan; 02-22-2013 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

At first, I wished there were only one Alizee fan forum. That way we'd have a more accurate count of how many active fans she really has. Also, it's kind hard for some to search for all Alizee-related news/articles. It would have been nice to have a "one-stop Alizee site" where you could get all your Alizee fix! It really makes you appreciate fans like Jenny, Karin, Katherine and others who post their videos not just in their own sites or forums but on multiple sites as well.
But, now I realized that is not possible and that's perfectly fine with me. And even though I'm not a member of other forums, I do follow/subscribed to most of them on fb and tweeter. I'm glad that they continue to compliment one another.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:26 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

I like the energy/atmosphere here better and the layout is much better. AF gives me a headache, to big and bright.

<3
Old 02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
It really makes you appreciate fans like Jenny, Karin, Katherine and others who post their videos not just in their own sites or forums but on multiple sites as well.
I couldn't agree with you more. It's wonderful that there are people who are willing to share. Maybe I don't say it often enough, but I am truly grateful to them.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:05 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. It's wonderful that there are people who are willing to share. Maybe I don't say it often enough, but I am truly grateful to them.
And I am grateful to the mods and admins in here that let us express ourselves, even if in some occasions we criticise their decisions or even some lili decisions...
We don't say it often enough!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM

foxy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
In my opinion AF is not a forum anymore. It is a board where members post the latest news or their video tributes. And I think they are very very good at that, the latest news often are posted first there and I visit AF almost every day to sneak a little bit.

But there is not a lot of interaction between members and that makes the place quite boring.
So I agree, it is great to have both places. But I prefer the company of the "crazy" people that writes over here

I agree with your post!
Once in a while I visit AF to look for new videos/pictures, but I prefer this forum.
People over here are more kind and funny
and yeah, a bit "crazy" too
Old 02-22-2013, 05:46 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

If you make the place too restrictive then people don't feel they can express their views and opinions openly. Diversity occurs naturally when the board has a feeling of openness. People feel welcome to express themselves with out the fear of offending someone because of their opposing views on the subject at hand. It can't be a free for all but limits that are broad enough so members don't feel they have a Catholic Nun standing over them with ruler just trying to find a reason to crack their knuckles.