Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Time to pass the baton

After the last autograph session in 2010, I had mentioned that if there was going to be another one, that somebody else who was going who was younger than me should represent the forum. Some people percieve things the wrong way when they see someone like me, following someone so much younger. I'm not so much worried about that, but I would like Alizee to realize that much of our fan base is much younger than me.

Last time, we had a pretty good representation with Aron who was 14, FerAunger who was in his early 20s I believe, Neil who was born in the U.S., but was teaching in France at the time and was in his 30s. Then there was me.

This year luckily at least there was Ray and Jake with me. I believe they are both 40 +, but that's far better than just me. Lapinschous thought he might be able to go, but that late change to the signing date cooked his goose.

There was also the fact that we didn't even know if the signing of the cds was going to happen. We had late notice of when it was going to happen and when we did get notice, we were so busy with the details of what we were trying to do, that we didn't have time to worry about other details.

One thing else we have to consider is that proverbial wall some of us talk about where you wake up one morning and find out what had been such an important part of your life, just isn't quite the same anymore. Some times when you're looking at old posts from 4 or 5 years ago, you see many forum names that no longer post and I wonder if I will hit that wall sometime in the not too distant future.

So if there is another album or some other event where we might have some type of meeting with Alizee, even if I go, somebody else needs to be the one who represents this forum. I'm sorry it happend this time, but circumstances more or less dictated it and if there is another signing where I go and somebody else represents the forum, if there is no change in my job or financial or personnal status, I will still help to make the same thing happen, if there is not enough time to collect money as with this last event.

Now I think Ray or Jake would make great reps. One thing I tried to do in Paris was to get these two familiar with the metro system which is very critical in getting around Paris. If you learn the metro system, getting around Paris is a piece of cake. So hopefully they wont have any reservations about going back.

So let's be ready the next time for a new ambassador to represent AAm.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

You are perfectly right Dave and you can't imagine how much I admire you for all the time and passion you invested into this forum which has become a part of your life, I presume.

As a frenchman, I'll let the responsibility to represent Alizée America to an american member obviously, but I'll always be happy to help out and assist the folks who make the trip to France, especially next year, when I'll have the freedom to move around with my own car and a lot less pressure from my university since I'll (hopefully) be in second year.

Btw, who is Neil ? An american member living in France would be AAm's best bet for an ambassador , I believe.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
You are perfectly right Dave and you can't imagine how much I admire you for all the time and passion you invested into this forum which has become a part of your life, I presume.

As a frenchman, I'll let the responsibility to represent Alizée America to an american member obviously, but I'll always be happy to help out and assist the folks who make the trip to France, especially next year, when I'll have the freedom to move around with my own car and a lot less pressure from my university since I'll (hopefully) be in second year.

Btw, who is Neil ? An american member living in France would be AAm's best bet for an ambassador , I believe.
I don't remember what his forum name was. I'll have to look it up. I believe he was from Wyoming and his girl freind had moved together to France to teach. He had been there a couple of years when I met him. He had also been to one of the En Ccncert shows. lucky b...............

As far as representing the forum, if you were there by yourself and found yourself being interviewed by a tv crew as I was, they might think it a little fishy when they found out you were from France, but if someone else from America was there, we'd be proud to have you along as a member; after all, we have members from all over the world.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-06-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
if you were there by yourself and found yourself being interviewed by a tv crew as I was, they might think it a little fishy when they found out you were from France,.
Haha, I could just pretend to be a french fan hired by AAm as official translator

Old 04-06-2013, 12:38 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

you could pretend to be canadian, eh? Does Canada's and France's french differ a lot ?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
you could pretend to be canadian, eh? Does Canada's and France's french differ a lot ?
The French spoken in France and in Québec are can differ greatly, but it depends on socio-cultural background. There are Québécois people who speak closer to what would be an “international French” and could resemble what is spoken by the average Frenchman (but it is still different). There are others who speak a form of French that is referred to as “joual”, which has many differences in grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.

lapinschous can give it his best shot, but most people from France who attempt to imitate the Québécois accent (usually based on the “joual” spoken by certain people in Montréal), always sound off and overdone:

http://youtu.be/NBcnp6vgBpY

Interesting fact : generally speaking, the Québécois French has been kept closer to the French that was spoken centuries ago, so, it could be said that it is the Frenchmen who have an strange accent!

Last edited by Corsaire; 04-06-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Some times when you're looking at old posts from 4 or 5 years ago, you see many forum names that no longer post and I wonder if I will hit that wall sometime in the not too distant future.
Scruffy, did THAT ever hit close to my heart. I remember the old chat room and how much fun I had there. I was in there the evening that Alizée gave her interview on that radio program about her 3rd album. It felt like being a part of history. We all sat there and listened to her and CanadianGarcon interpreted for us. I felt like a little sister to a lot of you guys. Over time, one by one, the names began fading to nonexistent. We seemed to be more of a family than a forum back then. We laughed, argued, cried and kidded but we always remained close. Ok I'm going to cry now...later!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Last time, we had a pretty good representation with Aron who was 14
Who's Aron ? I asked Aaronius, he told me it wasn't him . And how come that he made this long trip all alone at such a young agE?

Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Who's Aron ? I asked Aaronius, he told me it wasn't him . And how come that he made this long trip all alone at such a young agE?

If I'm not wrong then his parents were in France during that time and that's why he was able to go there.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcx...ris-2010_music

In this video you can see all those who attended 2010 autograph session.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:19 PM

I believe his father was a teacher and he along with his family, was on sabbatical in Europe at the time.