Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-04-2006, 04:14 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road
Default Other artists

What other artists or bands do you like? Alizee is the only artist that I like that isn't a rock band. My favourite band is without a doubt Kiss. I would probably rank Alizee as my second favourite, maybe even above Aerosmith and more than ACDC. I more or less have an idea as far as what bands and songs I like more than others, but the fact that Alizee is so much different than Black Sabbath makes it hard. I love listening to classic rock, especially louder bands like Kiss and Britny Fox. However, I can't stand new rock. Hearing Nickleback or U2 makes me want to gouge parts of my face out with a fork. I dislike rap, particularly Paul Wall, and there are only a couple of hip hop songs that I don't mind. The only other girl that I like is Joan Jett but the only song of hers that I listen to regularly is 'I Love Rock and Roll.'

I downloaded the originals of songs from other artists that Alizee did and I never liked any of them with the exception of Axelle Red, who I didn't particularly mind but I don't like her (Axelle Red) enough to listen to any of her songs.

Last edited by RadioactiveMan; 07-04-2006 at 06:06 PM..
Old 07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
=]

mando is on a distinguished road

I listen to ska and pop punk which makes me a complete scene kid (incorrect but a.k.a. emo kid) I just started going scene this year because I watched a little too much MTV on my free time and became a total MTV junkie. The songs are so catchy i can't help it!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:01 AM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Through Alizee's videos and watching her perform with other artists I've learned a lot about other French singers. Below are only a few of my favorites. Of course, there are many other European groups I like also: Rollergirl (German), Kus (Dutch), Djumbo (Dutch), Maud Mulder (Dutch) Garou (French) to just name a few.

For example, if you like Alizee's style of music then you probably also like Jenifer Bartoli, one of Alizee's best friends.

Here are a couple of videos that I posted to Google Video:

Jenifer's Star Academy Medley (She's the one in the middle):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48474076871302

Jenifer singing "Serre Moi" (Squeeze/Hold Me) at Festival of Music 2005
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...13757260677204

Another popular French singer is Lorie (Alizee's competition):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55221409576983

Another is Natasha St. Pier, but I don't have a link for some of her good videos.

- Cybersoil

Last edited by cybersoil; 07-05-2006 at 06:17 AM..
Old 07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

i can't believe that any of those videos you posted would be considered competition for alizee. i couldn't listen to that stuff.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

Alizee is tons better then them and the only time i thought jenifer was hot was when she performed with Alizee for me formidable or whatever. but yeah they are no match Alizee.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:30 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Of course, I like Alizee better but the French DO consider them competition. Alizee likes Jenifer's music too, so are you saying that Alizee doesn't have taste? Remember, Alizee is GOD! And I downloaded the picture to prove it...

Bad boys!!! Go to bed without your cookies and milk this evening!

- Cybersoil
Old 07-05-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

where is the picture? is it the one with the church of alizee?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:07 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

You make a good point. If Alizée likes it, I should listen to it too.

Edit: I had a big long and probably confusing paragraph about last.fm and how it wasn't allowing me to listen to Alizee or any similar artists. I poked around last.fm for a while and I believe that it wont play it because last.fm does not have any streaming music for the artists similar to Alizee and of her music it has only a few 30-second previews.

Last edited by RadioactiveMan; 07-06-2006 at 02:06 AM..
Old 07-06-2006, 01:47 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersoil
Alizee likes Jenifer's music too, so are you saying that Alizee doesn't have taste?
I don't think Alizee really likes it, she is prolly just saying she does so she doesn't hurt anyones feelings. lol
Old 07-06-2006, 02:31 AM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

No, while surfing around somewhere on the net (a while back) a saw a small video clip where she said she really liked it. If she really hated Jenifer's music (secretly thinking it sucked) do you think they would be such good friends? I don't think so...

- Cybersoil