Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Merci for the video Un-rêve.
Nice, but again, I would like to see something a little more involved to be able to make a better opinion (as if I was this big expert in the field . In any case, Alizée seems a little different in this video. She seems joyful, but in a different way, like she is teasing the camera more than usual.
Yeah, it pretty obvious she was playing the part in that video. But the dance is what it is. No faking that. I know a bit about dance, and what you are seeing there is something that was learned after a lot of practice. Honestly Corsaire, if there is anything to question about Alizée, it isn't her formal dancing ability. The moves she used to bring the Internet, millions of WOW geeks and the nation of Mexico to their knees with... were but a simple thing compared to the drills she had done for years. Hence the success of them.

Quote:
From the start, Alizée’s hand movements have been one of the most alluring parts of the attraction for me. I have been trying to point this out to anyone I introduce Alizée to, but for most people who liked her it seems to get lost in all her other beautiful attributes. What a shame.
I mean, come on. It's hard to get over the intial shock and awe. Which is why I never show anyone those early videos. It's not her anymore and it makes you numb to anything else she may offer. I think the French are proof of that.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Yeah, it pretty obvious she was playing the part in that video. But the dance is what it is. No faking that.
Sorry but I detest what your implying.

The Passengers featurette is one of my all time favourite clips of Alizée. She's not faking anything.. on the contrary she's very natural here and having fun trying on her new outfits and such. She's just very happy and playful in the clip and enjoying herself.. she was on top of the world back then too you know.

Quote:
Merci for the video Un-rêve.
It's no problem.. hope you enjoyed it! I posted it in the "Most memorable video moments" thread too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I was saying that she was a good dancer. You can't fake those moves. Sorry you read it the wrong way.

Last edited by severianb; 01-26-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Old 01-27-2011, 01:00 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post

The Passengers featurette is one of my all time favourite clips of Alizée. She's not faking anything.. on the contrary she's very natural here and having fun trying on her new outfits and such. She's just very happy and playful in the clip and enjoying herself.. she was on top of the world back then too you know.
But Un-rêve, do you not find that she is different here? I feel she “plays” with the camera more than usual and she seems to discuss some touchy subjects more openly. She doesn’t have that timid and reserved layer underneath the surface. I’m sure some would say she was the same way in the FunTV interview, but I think it is different here.

I suppose it doesn’t exist, but do you know if the video without the English voice-over can be found? I would like to hear her voice better.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
... were but a simple thing compared to the drills she had done for years...
That is precisely why I would like to see some formal dancing from her... I mean the real thing, like a rendition where I could see if I like the way she performs. Being technically good is one thing, but I would like to see if on top of the flawless execution, the grace and the sensuality are present, just like when she did those simpler choreographies. Some would say it will obviously be the same since it is the same person dancing, but I don’t think it is a given.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-27-2011 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But Un-rêve, do you not find that she is different here? I feel she “plays” with the camera more than usual and she seems to discuss some touchy subjects more openly. She doesn’t have that timid and reserved layer underneath the. I’m sure some w surfaceould say she was the same way in the FunTV interview, but I think it is different here.
Yeah it's a rare gem.. just like her.

Quote:
I suppose it doesn’t exist, but do you know if the video without the English voice-over can be found? I would like to hear her voice better.
This is the only video available.. it would be nice but look on the bright side at least we don't need a translation.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

Corsaire, you speak and write very well in French as you do in English, I assume. You should email Monique Mufraggi and see if she will answer some of these questions. She still operates the school Alizée trained at, and was her instructor for over 10 years. The website for the school mentions Lilly as their star student, so Ms. Mufraggi is obviously very proud of her. http://www.ecole-du-spectacle.com/index.html

Hey, if you have questions about the dancing, why not go to the person who taught her every one of those moves that entranced so many of us... her mentor long before and for many more years than Mylene or anyone else but her parents!

An exclusive Alizée America Q&A with one of the most influential people in Lilly's life would be tres cool.

Last edited by severianb; 02-02-2011 at 06:15 PM..