Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2013, 05:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Someone, I believe ALS mentioned the burnout factor and I believe that's the same thing I refer to as that proverbial wall we all run into where it's just not quite the same anymore. For some it comes much quicker than others. I used to stay up most of the night (when I wasn't working) watching her videos, creating videos of my own, commenting on everything that was said in here.

Now only once in a while do I stay up for hours watching her videos, but when ever I listen to music which is just about every day, I still just listen to her. I was working on another video, but because of a major timing issue, I have to wait til fall to finish it. As far as commenting on all posts, that's something I don't often do unless it's something of a meaningful nature. We've talked about her style, her eyes, her legs so many times, like someone else says, for those of us who have been here for years, it's seems redundant.

Now Aaronius31 was mentioned in here as to how active he used to be. Now a lot has changed for him from when he first started. I remember a story that I hope he wont mind me telling. It sounded like he had very strict parents. It was after one of my trips to Paris, I dediced to send him a poster I had picked up in Paris. I would have loved to have hung it up myself, but people tend to look at you funny when someone my age hangs up a poster of a teenage girl. Well I guess his parents saw the package first and he had to answer to who this stranger was who was sending him a package and who was this French singer? Well he told them and to his surprise, his father was okay with it and he didn't have to keep his fandomism of Alizée such a secret anymore.

One benefit of what I think was him having strict parents was he had a great set of values. He did such a great job of policing this forum, except he should of gotten rid of me long ago.

Anyways he has since moved on to college and he was working a part time job and I'll bet his social life is a lot busier now, so I doubt if he has the time he used to have and I think that burnout factor or that wall factor "may" have set in, in some way too, though I'm sure he's still a big fan.

There was a lot of truth in what Lefty said too. Especially about her being more forethcoming. There's not as much to speculate about.

It was also mentioned that her tats might turn off some people. I think that's a definite possibility. I don't know how many times I've said in here I used to watch her early videos and find myself mumbling "Unbelievably beautiful" so many times and it was; the music, the lyrics, her voice,her, her dancing, the En Concert setting. Now I like ACDLA, but since I've first seen the official video, I've never watched that video again. I don't want to have to look at that arm when I'm watching her perform and I think what used to be a great draw for new fans and that was her princess like beauty is now gone and very might well be a turn off for prospective fans.

Still those tats haven't been enough to cause me to walk away, in fact a few of us in here are making very initial plans to go to Les Enfoires next year.

Another thing is there are people who like Psych, people who like UEDS, who like 5, but I still think the main draw for prospective fans is MCE and Gour and most of that is 10 years old now, so I think new fans who are attracted by these videos, might feel a little disappointed that this happened several years ago.

I ran into that years ago when I was trying to get different radio stations to play her music. I thiink they would have been much more willing if it had been something current. So the timing factor could be why we're not drawing in as many new fans.

But I'd have to say the biggest factor in us not drawing in more fans than we are is correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was one line of Engish in 5 where as UEDS had quite a bit. We've all run across people who like the sound of her French music, but can't really come to want to listen to it on a regular basis, if they don't know what she's saying. That's perfectly understandable for them not to have a song in English. I think the primary focus of this album was to win her French fan base back.

Going back to meaningful topics, I'm in here every day. About the only time I'm not in here is when I'm on vacation and don't have access to the internet, but I seldom post unless it's something new and not a whole lot new has come along. There might be new promotional efforts by Sony from time to time, but there's been many of them and I think we're all chomping at the bit for that next step which would be news of a concert whether it be in France or Mexico. That is what many people are waiting for. That is what we all want to talk about.

Again as far as myself, I went through a real busy period and I still have a long ways to get caught up, but I've been doing stuff of a promotional nature lately that has been more time consuming than I thought it would be but I'm making slow progress and hope to post something soon and may even ask for help.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-21-2013 at 06:04 PM..