Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
As you well know, whenever the American flag is displayed with another country's, it must always appear to the viewer to be on the left. In other words, if you are the American flag, you will always be on the right of any other flags on display.
What if the other country feels the same way about their flag?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
well, that's your sense, and that's fine!

but why can't I love America as my own country? It is my country. It's the country that I'd fight and die for. But noooo.. I have yellow skin and smaller eyes, so apparently I'm not actually American.

is that fair?!

I like this one a lot better. but without the microphone. but other wise, excellent! id like to suggest maybe incorporating that big fancy "A"?
Anyone can be American. There is no specification of what an American is nowadays. It's all too jumbled up to the point that it is anything
Americans are not white, the Caucasian Americans descended from European settlers. Asians are not American, they descended from Asia. Anyone regardless of appearance who is born in America Is considered American at birth, but of a descent that precedes USA's life.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well I for one, feel sort of bad for CFH. All he wanted was to create a symbol representing Alizée, France, Corsica and her American fans. Why do we have to take an innocent and well meaning idea down this old familiar path? This is not about patriotism or nationalism. It's about Alizéeism...
Old 08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well I for one, feel sort of bad for CFH. All he wanted was to create a symbol representing Alizée, France, Corsica and her American fans. Why do we have to take an innocent and well meaning idea down this old familiar path? This is not about patriotism or nationalism. It's about Alizéeism...
Well there will always be those little details (which really don't matter) that come as a part in adding flags or nationalities in.
I for one vouch Ruro and CFH, and anyone else, judge for which design works fairly, ignore all the uselessness and unnecessary requirements, if anyone doesn't like it, they can just do their own design or not buy one at all.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCanine View Post
I thought I'd give the logo design a try: what do you think?
That's awesome, FC! Nice work! Like wasabi said, though, I think it'd be cool to see the 'A' represented on there somewhere. It'd also be fun to see the mic cord lead into Alizée's signature, rather than just dangle down beside it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
That being said I do want to make sure Corsica is represented in the design... Corsicans are very independent-minded and proud of being Corsican in general and I'm certain that Alizée must consider that as part of her identity at least as much as being French. So I'm thinking that some effort should be made to incorporate an outline of Corsica or some other less offensive (but hopefully no less obscure) symbol of Corsica into the design.
Yeah, that was a big part of why I was sad to lose the Moor's head. It really does lack something without it. The outline of Corsica's a nice idea, though. I'll see what I can do with that on the next pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I'm most especially pleased that there is interested in my design concept and that Ruroshen has taken it upon itself to realize that concept and the community has gotten involved in refining it. Makes all fuzzy on the inside
Awww...group hug, everybody!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
As you well know, whenever the American flag is displayed with another country's, it must always appear to the viewer to be on the left. In other words, if you are the American flag, you will always be on the right of any other flags on display.
Uh, actually I didn't know that (being, um, Canadian and all). Anyway, it's an easy fix--probably the easiest fix I'll have had to make so far, as a matter of fact--but Ben has a good point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
What if the other country feels the same way about their flag?
Personally, I can see it both ways. On the one hand, we're an American fan-site, so shouldn't the American flag take precedence? On the other hand, we're an American Alizée fan-site, so shouldn't Alizée's nationality take precedence? We could argue around in circles forever. How about I flip it on the next pass, and we see how we feel about it?

(Man, every time I think I'm almost done, you guys pull me back in...!)

Next take will be up by tomorrow afternoon, give or take. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 08-12-2009 at 01:51 AM..
Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Personally, I can see it both ways. On the one hand, we're an American fan-site, so shouldn't the American flag take precedence? On the other hand, we're an American Alizée fan-site, so shouldn't Alizée's nationality take precedence? We could argue around in circles forever.
Well I think the point is favoring either one kinda defeats the purpose of a symbol meant to represent unity, no?

But then, will many notice? I didn't know that about our flag either.

I was also just asking in general, because rules on how to place one flag in relation to another strikes me as a sure-fire way to cause problems.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Half Dog Half Human

FireCanine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

I

I like this one a lot better. but without the microphone. but other wise, excellent! id like to suggest maybe incorporating that big fancy "A"?
I thought maybe the microphone as a good idea since she's a singer and with her singing she has united many countries with it like the USA and France. Though if you put a big ''A'' an ''A'' could mean alot of other things, hmm keep the good ideas comming Alizée fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
That's awesome, FC! Nice work! Like wasabi said, though, I think it'd be cool to see the 'A' represented on there somewhere. It'd also be fun to see the mic cord lead into Alizée's signature, rather than just dangle down beside it.
oh yeah! while I was making the logo, I was thinking where to put the mic chord, I was going to put it where the line leads to the ''A'' but I didn't want to mess up her original autograph and then get yelled at by the other fans lol

ok ok I made a few changes

Last edited by FireCanine; 08-12-2009 at 04:04 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I got a radically new idea, but I feel it gets the job done

----------------

also if somebody could figure it out, have a flag made of those hologram-turning-things and have it do this
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

one of my brothers worked for a sports center where he made t-shirts for kids teams and he told me that the most colors you can use is four. that is because most printing machines have only four screens. if you want more than four it will cost more and is more likely to be out of align. instead of flags how about using the symbols of the u.s. and france? you could have the statue of liberty on side, the eiffel tower on the other and alizee in the middle.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

OK, I think we're starting to cross over into "can't please everyone" territory, here. While I definitely appreciate everybody's input, I'm just about to the point where the design feels "finished" to me, so I don't think I'll be doing too many more iterations of it. If anyone wants to build on what CFH and I have started, or wants to post an entirely different interpretation, please feel free...but I think I'm just about done with my version.

So here we go with take #8...

First, a quick look at how the current design looks with the flags reversed:

Not bad. Like I said before (short of offending anybody), design-wise, I could go either way. What do you guys think?

Next, a look at two attempts to incorporate the image of Corsica itself into the design, in place of the lost Moor's head. This didn't turn out quite as well. The two options I see are either blowing it up and having it sit in the background like so:

...or shrinking it down and placing it on the handle of the Liberty torch, like so:

I'm not convinced that either one works, exactly. Unless you know what it is you're looking at, the one on the torch is an unrecognizable blob. And the larger one in the background throws off the balance of the design, and really takes away from the rest of it. Unfortunately, if you make it any smaller, it winds up being so obscured that you really can't make out what it is.

Personally, as much as I like the idea and the symbolism behind it, I think we'd be better served to just leave it out altogether and keep it simple, but what do you guys think?