Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Bb, that is where I disagree with you. It doesn't bother me if people don't like her music. If all they think is she is hot, I don't care. That's how my bro is. But after seeíng her the first time, and saying she's hot, he never mentíoned her again. He also never made the claim of me only liking her for her looks. Come to think of it, nobody has ever saíd that in the 6 months I have been showing her to people. It's perfectally fíne imho if people only like her looks and not the music. Or personality. Whatever else you like. We can't all like the same music.
Yeah I get what you're saying. Any attention she can get is good attention, whatever the reason (voice/looks/personality). If somebody likes her, even if it's not for the same reason as us, it's a good thing because it sorta gets her noticed and "spreads the word".

Quote:
If someone else shows you an artist, and you say you don't like them, don't you think some of those people feel the same as you? 'How dare you not like exactly what I like!' I actually get more annoyed by people who overreact to dislikers of Alizée than the dslikers themselves. Like people who say stuff like 'OMG, HOW CAN'T YOU LIKE HER, SHE'S PERFECT!'
I may have been heard to say something along the lines of that on occasion. I try to control myself but sometimes it's just so frustrating how as soon as some people hear that she's French and female, they immediately go "girly European shit" (or an equivalent) without even listening to a single song!! Yeah, people who won't shut up about someone is annoying , but equally so are people who dismiss something without giving it a chance.
Quote:
On the flipside, however, I also hate antis. People so opposed to an artist that their ant-fandom is fanatical in itself.
That's pretty similar to what I was just talking about. The best thing is a balance between being overly fanatical to the point of refusing to accept that some people have different tastes, and being prepared to at least give everything a fair chance before getting all judgemental. But to always do that is... difficult.

Especially with Alizée!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

BB I feel you man.

In the worst cases I have gotten this:

-She is the French Brittney Spears
-She is married?! Ugh I don't like her now.
-She has a kid?! Ugh I don't like her now.
-She is French? I thought Americans hate the French and vice versa!
-She sings in French? Why do you listen to it when you can't understand it? UGH WORST ONE
-You are never going to see her so get over her.

We all probably get this but I am putting the reactions into words that I got from friends and random people at school.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:10 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
BB I feel you man.

In the worst cases I have gotten this:
YES! I've had each of these!
Quote:
-She is married?! Ugh I don't like her now.
-She has a kid?! Ugh I don't like her now.
-She is French? I thought Americans hate the French and vice versa!
-She sings in French? Why do you listen to it when you can't understand it? UGH WORST ONE
-You are never going to see her so get over her.

We all probably get this but I am putting the reactions into words that I got from friends and random people at school.
Britney Spears is horrendous, just the thought of some people comparing Alizée to her makes me sad. I'm lucky that I don't get the fifth one because I'm taking French at school, so I at least have a vague understanding of what French songs are about. Another one that annoys me is "she's not hot like she used to be, so I don't like her any more". As well as being wrong (IMO anyway) that takes us back to people only appreciating her for her looks, which I've already done a load of posts about.

Last edited by babyblue558; 07-12-2010 at 06:12 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I hear it from my roomates all the time, Oh your with the French hoar or the French slut again are you? Or my boss and his son say Oh no your not playing that gay shit again or you know the usual. Well Ive told them one and told them all You will refer to Alizée in my presence as The French Lady or you may as well consider yourself an enemy of mine and my roomate agreed to refer to her as such from here on out. As for my boss I stop bringing my tune pack on the jobsite. If he wants to censor what I play on MY CD player I can leave it at home for all the trouble. But I never leave the house without my portable and headphones and CD pack which I keep Alizée in at all times just in case I feel the need to hear Alizée during the coarse of a day. The only person I have not taken crap off of is my girl Sandy who loves her too. You see, at a certain point in life you reach this age,,,,,, when you see something that you love you really dont care about the cynics or the critics anymore,,,,,and with all the haters and the fakers I was Fed Up many years ago,,,,so let them one and let them all say what they will,,,,,because they will anyway,,,,,but I stand my ground for Alizée on a constant basis. Rob will never be the same. And as some of you may already know about me, I will stand the line for what I feel is in the right at anytime, anyplace and with anyone, and that even does include The Pope,,,,because I stand convinced that Alizée has been sent as a very special gift to all of us from a very loving creator. Only a loving Creator could have been responsible to create someone as gifted and wonderful as Alizée. so let the haters keep hating,,,,it has all became rather pointless to me at a certain time. I will always be a True Blue Fan Of ALIZEE. no matter what anyone else says or thinks. The opinions of others cannot change the facts for me. And one fact for me is this,,,,even after being a staunch advocate and fan of Madonna Ciccone for decades, DECADES, I have finally seen the greater talent,, And her name is Alizée Jacotey from Corsica, France. And that was something I never, ever thought would come out of my mouth.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

*facepalm*
Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:

HEY! I've actually heard someone say that one to me before! God damn it.

I guess that's because of the Lolita image that Britney also used as a gimmick early on in her career. But what the hell man, she's NOTHING like Britney. Lilly's SWEET. Britney is...ugh. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THIS SHIT.

Ahem...sorry.

I don't even react anymore when people make fun of me for various things. But I'm hypersensitive when someone says something about Lilly. Weird how things change. I guess she really does mean a lot to me.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

*facepalmfacepalmfacepalm*
Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What's with the overuse of *facepalm* in the threads you're posting on lately? Is this your leitmotif? At least make it interesting by adding a facepalm shop to it. Here:

Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvaccplpnly View Post
*facepalm*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvaccplpnly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rictor View Post
what's with the overuse of *facepalm* in the threads you're posting on lately? Is this your leitmotif? At least make it interesting by adding a facepalm shop to it. Here:

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
Old 07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Silly