Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Unfortunately, Alizee has let her fame from MF (the person she apparently hates so much) carry her for a long time now.
She never ever said something like that.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, I said that her albums were flops. That doesn't mean I only like her old music, it means that her new albums have been commercial failures.
That isn't all you said. You also said this:

Quote:
Wow, could she be anymore ungrateful? If she didn't want to portray this "lolita" image, she should have never taken the gig in the first place. She had an amazing opportunity and it made her famous. Look at her now, her albums are flops and she's selling cat scarves to make a living. She has talent that she just refuses to utilize and now she is a has-been. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
There are quite a few implications in there besides "her albums are flops." (Psychédélices wasn't a flop by the way.) There's the implication that she's "ungrateful" to Mylène (for which there's no evidence), that she didn't want to portray Lolita (for which there's no evidence), and that she should have stuck with a good thing (which is what I was saying you said).

In addition, Azhiri is right. There is no occasion in which Alizée, in any interview, has expressed any resentment of Mylène Farmer whatsoever, or said that she was coerced into doing what she did in 2000-2004. There is no evidence of bad blood between the two women, and much evidence to the contrary. This part of what you are saying is simply contrary to fact. The other part, that she should have stayed with a good thing, is your opinion and so not contrary to fact; however, as I said, she will not be returning to that, so there's no point in saying she should. Nor do I agree that it would work anyway.

If all you were saying is that her recent work has been under-promoted and poorly organized, you would have a point. If you were also saying that UEDS was in a genre that apparently can't generate a fan base for her, you would have a point there, too. But you said and implied other things that are simply off-base.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-23-2011, 04:14 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
That isn't all you said. You also said this:

There are quite a few implications in there besides "her albums are flops." (Psychédélices wasn't a flop by the way.) There's the implication that she's "ungrateful" to Mylène (for which there's no evidence), that she didn't want to portray Lolita (for which there's no evidence), and that she should have stuck with a good thing (which is what I was saying you said).

In addition, Azhiri is right. There is no occasion in which Alizée, in any interview, has expressed any resentment of Mylène Farmer whatsoever, or said that she was coerced into doing what she did in 2000-2004. There is no evidence of bad blood between the two women, and much evidence to the contrary. This part of what you are saying is simply contrary to fact. The other part, that she should have stayed with a good thing, is your opinion and so not contrary to fact; however, as I said, she will not be returning to that, so there's no point in saying she should. Nor do I agree that it would work anyway.

If all you were saying is that her recent work has been under-promoted and poorly organized, you would have a point. If you were also saying that UEDS was in a genre that apparently can't generate a fan base for her, you would have a point there, too. But you said and implied other things that are simply off-base.
All you're doing now is putting words in my mouth. Stop over-analyzing what I say.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
She never ever said something like that.
No, she never said it, its just completely apparent.

Last edited by Euphoria; 01-23-2011 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is little to be said for biased inference. You told me she had tried to down-talk Mylene, that she said Mylene "made" her do the things she did, and that she "hated" Mylene. If she did not directly say any of those things, but rather you thought it was made apparent, then you would do well not to present those occasions as hard fact.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
There is little to be said for biased inference. You told me she had tried to down-talk Mylene, that she said Mylene "made" her do the things she did, and that she "hated" Mylene. If she did not directly say any of those things, but rather you thought it was made apparent, then you would do well not to present those occasions as hard fact.
You're right, Alizee doesn't dislike Mylene at all. She left them because they're BFFs.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:12 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Yes, maybe, I still don't get it.

Is your point that " she acted, from the very beginning, like she didn’t know or didn’t understand. " and now she confess the opposite?

On what basis do you say that she act like she didn't know at first?

( if you're tired to argue, you can tell me... )
Bigdan, there is no interpretation bias on my part. I just reported what Alizée said. You can watch the video again and you will see for yourself what she is saying. Please reread the OP, it is pretty straightforward. I am not tired of arguing as long as we progress (this is the point of posting on a forum). I just don't want to repeat over and over again what the OP already states because then people think I have an obsession with this topic. I think the case is clear and I reiterated it twice already.

This is unrelated to what you said, but I would like to add that what makes this information valuable to me is that it is from Alizée herself and it does confirm the doubts I had. This information will only be of interest to people who are trying to understand Alizée, the person. I knew many would not understand the point, some would be upset by it or some would think it is useless or boring, but I still decided to share the information because I believe it is valuable for some members.

Edit:
Removed some nasty French-speaker mistake... and I bet many remain.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-23-2011 at 07:00 PM..
Old 01-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
Everyone fell in love with this "fake" person...that was "Not her". ...
Maybe Alizée wasn't the person we've always thought her to be, who knows, maybe she was a Lolita. Maybe she worked hand in hand with MF to make the panty revealing dresses of JPVA or the cheek revealing outfit of ML. Does that make her a bad person. Not in my book. She was probably mainly doing what MF encouraged her to do, and if she went along with it, I don't really have a problem with that. It's show business.

But as far as what was the real Alizée like? I think we've seen glimpses of it on so many occassions. The great relationship she has with her family. Flying back to Corsica on a regular basis in her early years. Singing happy birthday to her father on stage. The video where her little brother runs past her and then she races to keep up with him. The time where a boy almost pulled her into the stands and she reacted with a big smile. I think some singers would have slapped the beegeebers out of him.

The little waves to the crowd. That could have been something MF told her to do, but I don't think so. Her reaction to her receiving the French revelation of the year award in 2000. Her reaction on stage at the first Stars a Domicile show. The time on the second Stars a Domicile show, when she said she thought about the things she had said to Jessica and thought " maybe I should have said this, or maybe I should have said that?" What other celebrity would have worried about something like that?

So maybe she's not as innocent or as naive as they portrayed her to be, but in my book, I still think there's something special about her.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-23-2011 at 06:13 PM..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're right, Alizee doesn't dislike Mylene at all. She left them because they're BFFs.
There is a big difference between hate, dislike, and not being able to work together becuase of personal differences!
Everything performers do on stage is an act.... so the question is not are they acting but conversely how much of their acting is really them?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 01-23-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
All you're doing now is putting words in my mouth. Stop over-analyzing what I say.
I'm not putting words in your mouth at all. I quoted exactly what you said. Nor do I think I'm "over-analyzing" what you said. In fact, you confirm in this same post that I am exactly right in what you were saying:

Quote:
And in the next post:

Quote:
Apparently, the only reasons you can think of why Alizée would have left Mylène involve bad feelings and personal dislike. It is NOT completely apparent. It is not even remotely true. Mylène kept Alizée's stage name legally protected during the years between MCE and Psych and "sold" it to her for one Euro. Alizée sent Mylène a free pre-release copy of Psych. These are not the actions of personal foes.

As for why Alizée would have left Mylène, she's given a perfectly cogent explanation: because she wanted to move artistically in directions that Mylène wasn't interested in going, and didn't want to go in the directions Mylène did. That's an artistic disagreement, not personal dislike. It's purely professional.

There is simply no basis in fact for the things you are saying here.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not everything has to be personal. The split was brought on by professional and creative differences. If there are any hard feelings harbored between them then frankly it is none of our business, but that seems very unlikely. I believe she even mentioned that she and Mylene are on good terms, or at the very least neutral.

Quote:
Is that not exactly what you are doing to Alizee?

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-23-2011 at 07:08 PM..