Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
On FB, under the post about "retiring Alizée", 10 people have clicked "like". It's sad. I don't know what they expected her to do.

Could you be more specific about where that post is. I have the toughest time navigating through facebook. Probably because I seldom use it and what do they mean by retiring? I guess that's from the Jean-Baptiste association?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-09-2011 at 09:24 PM..
Old 08-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Here is the FB link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221446631235068
The main announcement is at the top. The other comment about retiring Alizée is down a few posts. You have to log in to FB to see it.

By "retiring", they more or less mean they have removed her from her position as Godmother.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess at this point I'd rather have Alizée be free to choose which charity the money goes to.
LOL, my very thoughts after reading the comment that they posted.

Edit: Again, I share the same thoughts:

Quote:
I get the feeling this association has been really run by amateurs, but I believe their hearts were in the right place and they meant well.
Quote:
Exactly. This all sounds like what we would call, small town gossip and bickering.

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 08-09-2011 at 09:40 PM..
Old 08-09-2011, 10:22 PM

para.izée is on a distinguished road

I propose we move the negative comments way down by making 3 or four innocent posts and 'liking them'. Is this possible??
I'm fairly new to facebook.

any ideas? Instead of just being frustrated: (was going to be my previous aam post)
It takes a lot of restrain from a recently converted fan to not go to their facebook event page and start a half-ass'd flame war -not knowing the language nearly well enough to defend her from that crazy mob of 'do goodders'
with their heart in the right place but their brain not so much.
In part the success of which they are victims is also a consequence of A's high profile.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by para.izée View Post
I propose we move the negative comments way down by making 3 or four innocent posts and 'liking them'. Is this possible??
I'm fairly new to facebook.

any ideas? Instead of just being frustrated: (was going to be my previous aam post)
It takes a lot of restrain from a recently converted fan to not go to their facebook event page and start a half-ass'd flame war -not knowing the language nearly well enough to defend her from that crazy mob of 'do goodders'
with their heart in the right place but their brain not so much.
In part the success of which they are victims is also a consequence of A's high profile.
Trust me, I know how you feel. But I don't think Alizée would want us to do that. It's an FB page that is mostly only of interest to people from Ajaccio. I think of it as a small town squabble on the other side of the world and it would probably be best if we stayed out of it. We don't know the relationships of these people to Alizée and her family, nor can we be sure we have all the facts.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Lets just hope Team Lili will still let us donate

Last edited by BrianO1; 08-09-2011 at 11:00 PM..
Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Trust me, I know how you feel. But I don't think Alizée would want us to do that. It's an FB page that is mostly only of interest to people from Ajaccio. I think of it as a small town squabble on the other side of the world and it would probably be best if we stayed out of it. We don't know the relationships of these people to Alizée and her family, nor can we be sure we have all the facts.
I second Lefty's motion.

Man....this blows! Agh...

If it doesn't turn out that she wants to give the money to JB, then I reccomend Scruffy that you suggest she donates it to Un Restos Du Couer or whatever that charity is that does Les Enfoires. She really likes that one obviously and we all do too.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That small town squabble could be a huge part of this, or it could be insignificant. Only time will tell. We all know how family, or town, or what ever politics can play a huge role in such an event, such as this.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That small town squabble could be a huge part of this, or it could be insignificant. Only time will tell. We all know how family, or town, or what ever politics can play a huge role in such an event, such as this.
If this supposed "Small Town Squabble" is just as bad as what goes on in my town and all the others across the globe, I say we strive as much as possible to not get on the nasty end of things and end up hurting Alizee more than she has been hurt already. So I give warning to all to not step over the line and cause her more pain by doing whatever it is that can cause her more pain; I shall not name any ideas previous posters have had concerning this.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée should consider UNICEF

I don't have time to critically evaluate all the recent revelatory allegations posted here, but I get the following impressions from them:

1. Jean-Baptiste's father does not need more money to look after his son, and the fund-raising efforts have only brought his family anguish and humiliation. He wants them to stop.

2. The association raising the money questions the depth of Alizée's commitment as celebrity sponsor of the group and plans to replace her, even as it will also re-target its proceeds elsewhere.

Alizée in Les Collines

Audrey Hepburn, RIP

In the YouTube video for Les Collines from her last musical album, Alizée adopted a visual style (see above) much like that of the late Audrey Hepburn. She could do worse than to follow in Hepburn's philanthropic footsteps as well, and re-direct any uncommitted money raised because of the genuine suffering of a Corsican child (whose father turns the money away as unneeded) toward UNICEF. Audrey was UNICEF's second "Goodwill Ambassador;" see http://www.unicef.org/people/people_audrey_hepburn.html , which writes this:

"I can testify to what UNICEF means to children, because I was among
those who received food and medical relief right after World War II,"
said actress Audrey Hepburn on her appointment as a Goodwill Ambassador
in 1989. "I have a long-lasting gratitude and trust for what UNICEF does."

I could embed a video illustrating some of the countless desperate sick and hungry children all over the world who need help, but you already know what they look like. And if you don't, shame on you! (Hint: None of them live in France, with its First-World wealth and vast welfare state.)

Instead, here is a short biography of Audrey's early years, which recaps her origins as a ballerina and her role as Gigi in the stage play of that name, set in fin de siècle Paris. When the film version of the play came, Leslie Caron replaced her, but how could I deny the fans of she who sang Moi... Lolita the opportunity to hear Maurice Chevalier perform Thank Heaven for Little Girls? Hence the second video.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dM58Mm9M3lU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CRnbtRPC6v4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Closed Thread