Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Why did you decide against commissioning? You get paid more, get more responsibility, and get better pension as an officer.

Also, the whole hype of the Marines being badass is just a urban myth, like cow tipping(which, by the way, is next to impossible, seeing as how most cows weigh 1300lbs and they sleep laying down). Their claim to fame is that their bootcamp is longer than the rest.. but Army basic is divided into 2 parts, so is overall longer than that of a Marine.

If you want to make it a career, I'd definitely look more into the officer route.

There is a cadet who was a prior service NCO and wanted career Army, but after reaching SSGT, decided enough was enough and joined ROTC to commission.
Its a Jarhead thing you would understand lol jk
The truth is idk why, Marines just dont want to perks ... it really is the truth!
Army = Aint real Marines yet!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:07 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Albeit, it's an Airborne cadence.. but smexy nonetheless.
Well, I don't know about you, but I wanna be an Airborne Ranger.

Quote:
Why did you decide against commissioning? You get paid more, get more responsibility, and get better pension as an officer.

Also, the whole hype of the Marines being badass is just a urban myth, like cow tipping(which, by the way, is next to impossible, seeing as how most cows weigh 1300lbs and they sleep laying down). Their claim to fame is that their bootcamp is longer than the rest.. but Army basic is divided into 2 parts, so is overall longer than that of a Marine.

If you want to make it a career, I'd definitely look more into the officer route.
1 reason: I don't want to be responsible for someone else's life. I'm going to leave it at that...

As for Marines, I hear for the marksman exam with the M16 is 500 yds with iron sights. That's pretty badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Oh god the mom thing ... good luck with that My mom *the stereotypical over loving over protecting Jewish mother god bless her* would not hear any of my military talks to her. I was never able to convince her, she convinced me And this is really the first time im saying this about myself on this site if you all get my hint; ...........im not joining.
But that will be tough and I dont have any advice on what to do there; sorry it will be a tough one!
She nearly slapped me when I first told her I wanted to enlist. Well, first she asked if I was joking, then stood there, mouth agape when I said I was serious, THEN nearly slapped me.

Kinda like this:
Old 01-09-2012, 02:08 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And this is really the first time im saying this about myself on this site if you all get my hint; ...........im not joining.
But that will be tough and I dont have any advice on what to do there; sorry it will be a tough one!
'''' Wait, FRA, did you just say you're personally not WHAT???
Old 01-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post

1 reason: I don't want to be responsible for someone else's life. I'm going to leave it at that...

As for Marines, I hear for the marksman exam with the M16 is 500 yds with iron sights. That's pretty badass.

She nearly slapped me when I first told her I wanted to enlist. Well, first she asked if I was joking, then stood there, mouth agape when I said I was serious, THEN nearly slapped me.

Kinda like this:
Oh thats not good man, your responsible for peoples lives even as an NCO! Maybe not as much as an officer yes, but you still need to have your squad's back!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
'''' Wait, FRA, did you just say you're personally not WHAT???
yes chuck, for the first time ever here
IM STAYING CIVILIAN

Edit:

Quote:

Kinda like this:
Yep thats a mother alright ... like I said good luck with that LOL ... it will be difficult ... she loves ya!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 01-09-2012 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-09-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Oh thats not good man, your responsible for peoples lives even as an NCO! Maybe not as much as an officer yes, but you still need to have your squad's back!
Bad choice of words on my part. I should have said I don't want to give orders that could result in loss of life. As for watching my squads back, all that I have no problem with. I don't think I could live with myself if I gave an order that directly resulted in someone (friendly) getting killed or maimed.

I guess I have heard too many horror stories about idiot officers and how they can really make a bad situation worse (I usually read a lot of military history books in my free time.)
Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Kinda like this:
Well if you stay career, you'll eventually reach a position where you are in charge of others lives. I mean by the time you make Corporal(E-4), you could end up a team leader, where you will be responsible for the lives of the soldiers in your team(2 teams and a squad leader make up a squad).

I'm not trying to force Officership on you, but just letting you know.

As for the 500m things, first off, you'll be reaching the end of the M16's capabilities, and secondly you won't engage a target more than 300m away.

Quote:
Its a Jarhead thing you would understand lol jk
The truth is idk why, Marines just dont want to perks ... it really is the truth!
Army = Aint real Marines yet!

Ooooh, don't start that my friend.

Mr. My Ass Rides In Nay Equpiment

Old 01-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Well if you stay career, you'll eventually reach a position where you are in charge of others lives. I mean by the time you make Corporal(E-2), you could end up a team leader, where you will be responsible for the lives of the soldiers in your team(2 teams and a squad leader make up a squad).

As for the 500m things, first off, you'll be reaching the end of the M16's capabilities, and secondly you won't engage a target more than 300m away.

Hahaha yea I know that one ... its true; the Marines are nothing without the Navy .. though they admit that
Eagle, Globe, and Anchor my friend!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

yes chuck, for the first time ever here
IM STAYING CIVILIAN

Quote:
Hahaha yea I know that one ... its true; the Marines are nothing without the Navy .. though they admit that
Eagle, Globe, and Anchor my friend!
Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential?

Last edited by wasabi622; 01-09-2012 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Bad choice of words on my part. I should have said I don't want to give orders that could result in loss of life. As for watching my squads back, all that I have no problem with. I don't think I could live with myself if I gave an order that directly resulted in someone (friendly) getting killed or maimed.

I guess I have heard too many horror stories about idiot officers and how they can really make a bad situation worse (I usually read a lot of military history books in my free time.)
Still bad buddy, though you wont be the highest rank in your squad or maybe not squad leader, you still may have to make orders that ............. you might not like. Thats war buddy ... no wait ... thats life for any job! Never say you dont want the responsibly even if it is true, it does not look good. But with the military unfortunately you will learn a lot about death, perhaps more than you want .... but thats why the military is not for everyone. But my point is, if you're in the military *especially the infantry* you best bet someones life hangs on the decisions you make, it is a sad truth.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Well if you stay career, you'll eventually reach a position where you are in charge of others lives. I mean by the time you make Corporal(E-2), you could end up a team leader, where you will be responsible for the lives of the soldiers in your team(2 teams and a squad leader make up a squad).

I know what you're saying, and I now know/realize it's an inevitability, but personally I'd rather have some combat or even general military experience before I start bossing people around. I have a beef with people that have no idea what they're doing, but are in charge of you.

Quote:

Ha! Never heard that one before. Usually just this one:

USMC: Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.