Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 07-22-2020, 09:45 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
0:18, 0:29.

With all these snippets of clips surely there must be a full video of the Behind-The-Scenes of that photo shoot ...perhaps similar to the video for the Parler Tout Bas promotional shoot. I can't link it now whilst on School Wifi, someone remind me if it's not up in the next 4-5 hours.

It's unlikely such video is on YouTube right now but hopefully one of these channels has it in their collection and will put it up soon.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:14 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
They've uploaded 10 videos in the last day alone!

In terms of remastering, the one's I've seen seem to be in reasonably high quality. How feasible do you think it would be to easily improve on the resolution of the videos?
They are indeed in decently high quality, but can be improved.

I mean, it never hurts to see Alizée in higher quality right?
Old 07-23-2020, 06:25 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I try to get whatever I can off YT that is Alizee related. I have seen too many videos just disappear, and that includes other favorites beyond Alizee.

It's getting increasingly difficult to scrape the videos. Techniques that used to work don't work now, and I think that is by design. I do have a Python script that still works, but sometimes is unreliable. It did manage to pull all 150 videos from Elle, Alizée and I uploaded them to my google drive.

I'm sharing them here, but please grab them sooner than later if you are interested. I might have to reclaim the drive space in the future.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...An?usp=sharing
Old 07-23-2020, 07:33 AM

Bad news, well, not really, but it renders some of what I've said previously as obsolete. I only just realised that the videos on the Elle Alizee channel are being uploaded in chronological order
So if the admin of the account continues with that pattern we won't see that photo shoot with the bubbles uploaded on the channel The channel's up to July 2003 so far and apparently will only go to 2004 so most videos the admin has at their disposal have already been uploaded. We should still see a few more videos of concert performances, maybe a couple of interviews and TV gigs but otherwise not much.
Perhaps something completely new will surprise us, who knows. It's just a shame that not many of her photo-shoots have behind the scenes videos to accompany them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I try to get whatever I can off YT that is Alizee related. I have seen too many videos just disappear, and that includes other favorites beyond Alizee.

It's getting increasingly difficult to scrape the videos. Techniques that used to work don't work now, and I think that is by design. I do have a Python script that still works, but sometimes is unreliable. It did manage to pull all 150 videos from Elle, Alizée and I uploaded them to my google drive.

I'm sharing them here, but please grab them sooner than later if you are interested. I might have to reclaim the drive space in the future.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...An?usp=sharing
You're doing a great service Cowboy It's a shame that the Alizee Hub is no longer operating making it harder for everyone to share videos, so thank you for sharing this google drive

About the drive, is there a way I can quickly download all the videos into my own folder? If so, how much space are the 150 videos taking up?
Old 07-23-2020, 08:24 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're doing a great service Cowboy It's a shame that the Alizee Hub is no longer operating making it harder for everyone to share videos, so thank you for sharing this google drive
The Hub file sharing had some serious disadvantages. The software opens a port on your computer giving access to your hard drive. A good hacker can exploit this and gain access to everything on your computer besides the folders that you are sharing. The second big disadvantage is that bandwidth is being used by other downloading files from your share. Outside of the big cities, Internet speeds can still be quite slow and if people are browsing and downloading off a computer with limited Internet speed, it will negatively impact anything they might be trying to do online.

I had been thinking about starting a thread lately about how to share files, and I think sharing cloud services could be a solution. I don't mind having a permanent share on a Google drive folder that I can rotate media so that others can download. Signing up for cloud storage is free for Google drive, Dropbox, Box, and others. You only get a certain amount of space for free, but it is sufficient to put a decent amount of media on. It's pretty inexpensive to get more space.

If active members of this forum all have an online share, when somebody asks if another member has the photos to some event or photo shoot, or specific videos of Alizee performing, this would be an easy way for members to share media.

Quote:
About the drive, is there a way I can quickly download all the videos into my own folder? If so, how much space are the 150 videos taking up?
You can use the shift key with your mouse clicks to multi-select all the files. Once selected, right click to see the menu to download. All the files are about 18 GB.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
The Hub file sharing had some serious disadvantages.....

I had been thinking about starting a thread lately about how to share files, and I think sharing cloud services could be a solution. I don't mind having a permanent share on a Google drive folder that I can rotate media so that others can download. Signing up for cloud storage is free for Google drive, Dropbox, Box, and others. You only get a certain amount of space for free, but it is sufficient to put a decent amount of media on. It's pretty inexpensive to get more space.

If active members of this forum all have an online share, when somebody asks if another member has the photos to some event or photo shoot, or specific videos of Alizee performing, this would be an easy way for members to share media.
Sounds good! If anyone is to set it up you look to be the best candidate for it. I'd certainly join and I'm sure many others here would.

Quote:
You can use the shift key with your mouse clicks to multi-select all the files. Once selected, right click to see the menu to download. All the files are about 18 GB.
Thank you for the tip
Old 07-23-2020, 08:56 AM

failax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Hub file sharing had some serious disadvantages. The software opens a port on your computer giving access to your hard drive. A good hacker can exploit this and gain access to everything on your computer besides the folders that you are sharing. The second big disadvantage is that bandwidth is being used by other downloading files from your share. Outside of the big cities, Internet speeds can still be quite slow and if people are browsing and downloading off a computer with limited Internet speed, it will negatively impact anything they might be trying to do online.

We need at minimum two Mega accounts for 100 gb in total.

Uncompressed Alizée videos Telegram channel

https://t.me/joinchat/A8uzOFjfKHAuPZQ_-MpzWQ
Old 07-23-2020, 08:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've had for a couple years now a 100gb Google drive capacity and recently upped it to 200. Right now it's badly disorganized. I'd add things to it when ever someone requested something so there's a file of this and a file of that, plus a lot of work stuff and family stuff.

But I just created an Alizee America shared folder and I will try and add stuff to that in an organized manner. I'm adding several things to it as I type and if they have been processed, I will post a link to it. I'll also keep adding to it.

I believe these Google files are accessible 24/7 .

When I first started following her, I downloaded a lot of her files using Sendspace or Rapidshare, two file sharing sites. Later on I learned there were better quality videos of some of those files. So could we have a master file where we know every file in it, especially for the early years is the best quality out there and I'm not talking about the ones that have been enhanced?

Another thing we need to agree on is how we name our files for when we come up with something new. I guess the file name would have to start off with the name Alizee followed by the date, but it's not as simple as that. It's important that we use something like;

Alizée - 2020-05-28 and not 2020/05/28, that way when you do a search, they'll all show up in chronological order.

I think maybe we need to start 2 threads on this, one will be the master thread where you first go to get info on how to share her files here. That will be locked, but one person, an admin, will I believe be able to update it.

That will reference a sharing discussion thread with all the latest talk

I would also like to add my e-mail address to that first thread so even those who are only watchers in the forum can get access to her files. It's an e-mail address I use for everything. I have another one for personal stuff.
P.S.

Here's a link for my new folder with files from SAGA, DALS, Les Enfoires fan videos. There is also a fan folder with magazine articles. A few years back, AIFC allowed me to download numerous of those early year magazine articles. Many of them had English translations, many of which were done by Backinblack I beleive his forum name was. I found another site that had clearer images of those pages but many of other image links wound up to be dead links so I think I was lucky to get the few I did, when I did.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...JJ?usp=sharing
Old 07-23-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I've had for a couple years now a 100gb Google drive capacity and recently upped it to 200. Right now it's badly disorganized. I'd add things to it when ever someone requested something so there's a file of this and a file of that, plus a lot of work stuff and family stuff.

But I just created an Alizee America shared folder and I will try and add stuff to that in an organized manner. I'm adding several things to it as I type and if they have been processed, I will post a link to it. I'll also keep adding to it.

I believe these Google files are accessible 24/7 .

When I first started following her, I downloaded a lot of her files using Sendspace or Rapidshare, two file sharing sites. Later on I learned there were better quality videos of some of those files. So could we have a master file where we know every file in it, especially for the early years is the best quality out there and I'm not talking about the ones that have been enhanced?

Another thing we need to agree on is how we name our files for when we come up with something new. I guess the file name would have to start off with the name Alizee followed by the date, but it's not as simple as that. It's important that we use something like;

Alizée - 2020-05-28 and not 2020/05/28, that way when you do a search, they'll all show up in chronological order.
Naming files is very important. It's vital that we consider all possible scenarios and define a system for naming them. Different sorts of videos will need different templates, and for that should be split into lots of sub-folders.

Live concerts, TV performances, interviews, DALS, Les Enfoires, SAGA, miscellaneous TV shows, official music videos, behind-the-scenes features, Social Media videos, Fan-made videos... that's about a dozen different things already.

The template for a performance on TV for example, following on from what you suggested Scruffy, might have this layout:
Alizée - Year-Month-Day - Song name - TV Station - HD/video resolution - (Other potentially relevant info)

Whilst the template for a video on her Instagram for example might look something like:
Alizée - Year-Month-Day - @alizeeofficiel Instagram - Location - Brief description of what happens in said video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think maybe we need to start 2 threads on this, one will be the master thread where you first go to get info on how to share her files here. That will be locked, but one person, an admin, will I believe be able to update it.

That will reference a sharing discussion thread with all the latest talk

I would also like to add my e-mail address to that first thread so even those who are only watchers in the forum can get access to her files. It's an e-mail address I use for everything. I have another one for personal stuff.
P.S.

Here's a link for my new folder with files from SAGA, DALS, Les Enfoires fan videos. There is also a fan folder with magazine articles. A few years back, AIFC allowed me to download numerous of those early year magazine articles. Many of them had English translations, many of which were done by Backinblack I beleive his forum name was. I found another site that had clearer images of those pages but many of other image links wound up to be dead links so I think I was lucky to get the few I did, when I did.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...JJ?usp=sharing
It certainly is a lot of work to do, but you know what they say, with many hands makes light work (or something like that).

Hopefully there are enough people willing to contribute to this. I myself have to do some organising of my own storage which is quite limited for now, but that should be resolved soon.
It doesn't even have to be a strictly AAm thing. Most if not all of the discussion would go on here, but I see no harm in contacting some established Instagram fan pages to see if they have anything to contribute.

Are you okay with sharing that email address Scruffy? Surely people would need the password for it, and you don't want to risk that one idiot somewhere out there logging in and taking everything down.
Perhaps giving just 2 or 3 people access to the email at all times could ensure it remains operating. If one person drops out for whatever reason, another comes in. That 'other' would need to be a trusted and established user of the forum, which I think we have enough of here. Almost like a Master/Apprentice cycle that can in theory go on indefinitely as long as there are people around who care about it.
But that's just an idea for how to tackle that problem, there's probably a better way to do it.

However we decide to organise this we need to consider anything and everything that could happen, as well as laying out ground rules from Day 1. Making a thread dedicated to this seems like a good place to start, just for discussion and planning of where to start with the project.
Maybe we should give it a name. Has 'Alizée Archives' been taken?
Old 07-23-2020, 10:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Naming files is very important. It's vital that we consider all possible scenarios and define a system for naming them. Different sorts of videos will need different templates, and for that should be split into lots of sub-folders.

Live concerts, TV performances, interviews, DALS, Les Enfoires, SAGA, miscellaneous TV shows, official music videos, behind-the-scenes features, Social Media videos, Fan-made videos... that's about a dozen different things already.

The template for a performance on TV for example, following on from what you suggested Scruffy, might have this layout:
Alizée - Year-Month-Day - Song name - TV Station - HD/video resolution - (Other potentially relevant info)

Whilst the template for a video on her Instagram for example might look something like:
Alizée - Year-Month-Day - @alizeeofficiel Instagram - Location - Brief description of what happens in said video

It certainly is a lot of work to do, but you know what they say, with many hands makes light work (or something like that).

Hopefully there are enough people willing to contribute to this. I myself have to do some organising of my own storage which is quite limited for now, but that should be resolved soon.
It doesn't even have to be a strictly AAm thing. Most if not all of the discussion would go on here, but I see no harm in contacting some established Instagram fan pages to see if they have anything to contribute.

Are you okay with sharing that email address Scruffy? Surely people would need the password for it, and you don't want to risk that one idiot somewhere out there logging in and taking everything down.
Perhaps giving just 2 or 3 people access to the email at all times could ensure it remains operating. If one person drops out for whatever reason, another comes in. That 'other' would need to be a trusted and established user of the forum, which I think we have enough of here. Almost like a Master/Apprentice cycle that can in theory go on indefinitely as long as there are people around who care about it.
But that's just an idea for how to tackle that problem, there's probably a better way to do it.

However we decide to organise this we need to consider anything and everything that could happen, as well as laying out ground rules from Day 1. Making a thread dedicated to this seems like a good place to start, just for discussion and planning of where to start with the project.
Maybe we should give it a name. Has 'Alizée Archives' been taken?
People wouldn't need my password. All they have to do is say via e-mail that they want to download some things from my Google drive. They'll have the link so all they'll need to find out is when I'll leave my computer on line for them to access those files.

Tags
alizee, audio, download, link, misc, miscellaneous, queries, requests, sharing, video, videos